Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Owen!!






Owen had an awesome birthday, with wonderful weather and amazing friends and family. We had his birthday party at Celebration Park in Gardner, which is a beautiful park that has a shelter house perfect for a birthday party. I decided to have The Very Hungry Caterpillar as the theme for the party, I am very much a theme person, it makes the organizing and decorating a lot more fun! Grandma T made his cake which consisted of a ton of cupcakes and a cute caterpillar head that matched the book perfectly. I also bought cookies from The Boulevard Bakery which replicated some of the food items the caterpillar ate in the book. Owen received a lot of "big boy" presents like a toy cell phone, basketball goals, alphabet train, and much more. The boy loves balls so he was heaven as soon as he saw each present that a ball came with it.

This was a bitter sweet party because my great-grandma Berth Wilhite was in the hospital unable to attend. She passed away two days after at the age of 87. Owen was her only great-great grandchild, whom she loved very much. I am very blessed to have had her in my life for as long as I did, most people never get to meet their great grandparents and I was able to spend 27 years with her. She will be truly missed, her stubborn personality and vibrant smile most of all. I love you grandma and I know you are a special, guardian angel who will watch over Owen all of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment