Thursday, December 23, 2010
4 Generations (+1 On the Way)
This picture is old, from my baby shower in 2009, but I have been meaning to post this picture on my blog but wasn't sure when or how I wanted to share it. We found out on Thanksgiving that my grandmother's cancer is back. She has fought breast cancer three times and was in remission for almost a year, she went back to the mayo clinic for her three month check up and she found out the cancer is back in four spots. The mayo clinic gave her the option of receiving chemo there or in Olathe so she choose to see the doctor's at Olathe Medical Center so she could be closer to home. She is going to have treatment once a week for 3-6 months in hopes that this will put her in remission. The doctor's told her she could wait, she feels great right now and the chemo will make her really sick, but she wants to fight and begin this journey right away. So. . I decided to share this pictures now because it represents a strong line of women who love, encourage, and believe in each other. At times I want to shout out, curse, throw things because I am so upset that she has to go through this again (for the fourth time!) but what good will that do?? All we can do is pray, love each other, and encourage her to fight each week while her body becomes sick and tired. I love you grandmother and you will get through this because we have each other and sometimes "love is all you need".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment